UrukDroidInstaller v0.3 for your Archos gen 8
First article in english !
Here is my installation script for UrukDroid v0.5, until V1.0 and it’s simplified installation is ready 🙂
- Simplified installation of UrukDroid (no more manipulations of partitions or command line)
- French and english
- You can choose the size of you application partitions
- Ask for FAT32 or EXT4
# Changelog :
# 0.3 :
# – Better partition creation, avoiding overlapping in some cases
# – Corrected bad size detection in case of « , »
# – Corrected bug with multiple discs detection, but one disc is not detected by parted producing a bad selection
# – Backup function added (not yet tested…)
# – Added option for applications partition size
# 0.2 :
# – Add the peripheral choice when multiple discs detected
# – correction of the bad size detection when 16G and more
# – Add few logs
# 0.1 :
# – creation of script
Simplified procedure :
– First you need the SDE firmware to be installed on your Archos.
– Then boot intu Ubuntu
– Then copy all the following files in the same directory, for example /tmp
– Then open a console by typing CTRL+ALT+T
– Then type the following commands :
chmod +x ./UrukDroidInstaller.pl
– Then just follow the program !
Ending Note :
Please report any problems or any bug !
Notice that neither XDA, nor Utopie Virtuelle nor myself are responsible of any problems you could encounter using this script or urukDroid.
Thanks to $auron for offering a really good Rom for Archos Gen 8.